Arab Defence Journal is the leading Arabic defence magazine of the Arab world. The magazine has been published since 1976 and with over 30,000 paid subscribers, is read by Arab government ministers and advisors, as well as the senior army, navy , airforce and police officers throughout the Arab world.
For over 43 years, ARAB DEFENCE JOURNAL has been the primary Arabic source of information on all defence matters, helping the MENA’s defence, contract decision makers, with their yearly procurement planning needs. ARAB DEFENCE JOURNAL reports on the latest news and current affairs from the GCC, MENA, Europe, USA and rest of World, writing regular Special features on Aerospace, Naval and Land Systems topics from some of the World’s Top defence writers.
In fact, ARAB DEFENCE JOURNAL’s advantage over its competitor magazines is that, not only is it the oldest defence magazine in the Mena region, (established in 1976,) but is the only magazine that features these articles in every issue, on the latest defence armament news covering Land, Sea & Air from some of the World’s Leading defence writers, namely: TIM RIPLEY, RICHARD GARDNER, ANDREW WHITE. These in depth articles make for highly interesting and unmatched readership topics that raise the level of technical and procurement knowledge and awareness of ADJ’s readers, who include the MENA’s contract decision makers.
ARAB DEFENCE JOURNAL also is published online, including features on C4iSR, training & simulation, unmanned systems technology with the latest modernisation and upgrade news. The magazine also publishes four NATIONAL DAY SPECIAL SUPPLEMENTS, featuring a very cost effective marketing offer of (FOUR Pages for the price of ONE PAGE,) DEFENCE INDUSTRY REPORTS & COMPANY NEWS, TOP DEFENCE COMPANY Q & A INTERVEIWS, and much more. (see further for more details.)
ARAB DEFENCE JOURNAL’s uniqueness as the leader in its field, stands alone also as the only defence magazine in the MENA region that houses in it advertising pages booked by the Top Gulf and Arab defence companies namely: NIMR, TAWAZUN, MUBADALLA, INTERNATIONAL GOLDEN GROUP, ABU DHABI SHIPBUILDING, EDIC, to name only some, such is their trust and recommendation of ADJ, that it is the ONLY defence magazine that is worth placing their ads in. Recommendation letters on ADJ from IGG, UK Trade & Investment and other Top defence companies are available on demand.
ADJ is the FIRST defence magazine that is known instantly as the leader by all defence procurement officials in the MENA region, thanks to its existence and in-depth reporting for over 43 years. And although some competitor publications have come along and tried to emulate or copy ADJ, 43 years in the market speaks for itself, solidifying ADJ as the only pillar of strength in this region.
ADJ is distributed in all the major defence exhibitions worldwide, and either visits or is a Media Partner to these exhibitions. It supports these exhibitions by publishing regular previews and show reports, and in 2021 ADJ will cover namely AUSA – USA, EDEX – Egypt (as Media Partner), and also in 2021 IDEX- Abu Dhabi (as Media Partner), IDEF – Turkey (as Media Partner), Paris Air-show, Dubai Air-show, DSEI – London, BIDEC 2021- Bahrain, Security Counter Terror Expo- London, DEFEA – Defense Exhibition Athens, FEIDEF 2021- Madrid, Spain, to name only some
ARAB DEFENCE JOURNAL, also long before some competitor Journals were even established, was ALWAYS invited on leading companies MEDIA TOURS around the world, just most recently LEONARDO, and others BOEING, LOCKHEED MARTIN, NEXTER, RHEINMETALL, RAYTHEON, to name only some.
In 2018, the group strategically decided to move its Headquarters to the United Arab Emirates.
Being at the center of this dynamic hub proved to be a productive initiative as it drew content creation, editorialist and advertisers closer together.
H.E Bassam Said Freiha
International Exhibitions in 2021
As the leading defense magazine in the GCC & MENA, Arab Defence Journal supports with our Official Media Partner’s sponsorships, special issues, previews and supplements, many of the leading international defence and aerospace conferences & exhibitions around the world .
*Official Media Partner: This means that the magazine is an official Media Partner if these events, with an enhanced profile on the show website and other online platforms. There is also a bonus distribution of the magazine to all conference delegates and show visitors to each of these events.
ADJ Editorial Features for 2021
• Future of Urban operations
• Electronic warfare
• Armored vehicle forecast
• Antitank weapons
• Self-propelled artillery
• 6X6 / 8x8 vehicles
• Night vision technologies
• Small Arms
• Turrets – CMI
• Fifth and Sixth generation fighters
• Middle East Helicopter market
• MALE UAVs program
• Heavy lift helicopter
• Air to Air missiles, Air to Ground
• Tactical transport aircrafts -
• Torpedoes in modern warfare
• Naval Air Defence and Anti-ship missiles
• Naval Guns
• Underwater warfare
• Fast patrol boat and coastal surveillance
• Naval UAVs
Arab Defence Journal 2021 Editorial Program:
• Kuwait Liberation and National day Special supplement 26 February 2021(editor).
• IDEX 2021 – 21-25 February 2021
• Next Generation Tactical Communications - Andrew White
• Air Defense for small naval vessels - Tim Ripley
• Fighter revival (agile combat jet programs) - Richard Gardner
• UAE Unification of Armed Forces Day Special Supplement 6 May 2021 (editor).
• ILA Berlin Air Show –report (editor) – 13-17 May 2021
• DEFEA (Defense Exhibition Athens) – 11-13 May 2021
• IDEF 2021 – 25-28 May 2021- Istanbul, Turkey
• Virtual Reality Training and Simulators (editor).
• Anti-tank Guided Ammunitions - Andrew White
• Vehicles for amphibious operation - Tim Ripley
• Long range attack aircraft and stand-off-air-to-surface weapon- Richard Gardner
• Unmanned Systems Support (editor).
• Chemical Warfare Protection Equipment (editor).
• Active Protection System for tactical ground vehicles - Andrew White
• Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for small naval vessels - Tim Ripley
• Multi-role IST platforms - Richard Gardner
• Saudi Arabia National Day Special Supplement – 23 September 2021(editor).
• Missile Defence Systems in the Gulf (editor).
• Naval Guns for Warships (editor).
• Special operations forces-partnering in the Middle East & Asia - Andrew White
• Maritime patrol aircraft and helicopters land - Tim Ripley
• Special forces Air support platforms - Richard Gardner
• OMAN National Day 18 November 2021 (editor).
• FEINDEF – 3-5 November 2021
• Association of the United States Army – AUSA -11-13 October 2021
• Bahrain International Airshow (BIAS 2021) previews (editor). 4-7 October 2021
• BIDEC 2021 – 25-27 October 2021 - Bahrain
• Anti-Drones Technology (editor).
• Anniversary of Egypt Armed Forces Day (editor). 6 October 2021
• Electronic warfare, an update on ground, airbone and maritime based solutions - Andrew White
• Combat engineer vehicles and equipment for 21st Century - Tim Ripley
• Drones and counter-drone system - Richard Gardner
• EDEX Cairo (Editor ) 29 November 2021 – 2 December 2021
• UAE Accession and National Day, 2 December 2021 (editor).
• BAHRAIN National Day, 16 December 2021 (editor).
• Armed Recovery Vehicles (editor).
• Middle East Challenges (editor).
• Logistic solutions for 21st Century Armies – Tim Ripley
Tactical Air Defense for 21st Century – Tim Ripley
Ballistic missile defense in 21st Century - Tim Ripley
• The space domain in defense - Richard Gardner
Special Supplements 2021
In coordination with the Arab Ministries of Defence and the Arab Armed Forces, Arab Defence Journal publishes a number of Special Supplements commemorating National Days, Armed Forces Days and other Special occasions.
These supplements are printed separately and mailed with the issue of Arab Defence Journal.
The editorial highlights the countries armed forces achievements with reports on their equipment and capabilities, including armaments, training and organisation.
The supplements also include Congratulations pages & advertisements from the leading international defence companies.
Advertising in these special supplements offers you the unique opportunity to reach senior defence procurement officials in the MOD.
A $200 billion dollar market!
Defence expenditure in 2015: in $US billions (Source SIPRI 2016).
GCC Countries. Other Arab Countries
Bahrain: $1.430B Algeria: $10.230B
Kuwait: $6.200B Egypt: $5.362B
Oman: $9.880B Jordan: $1.613B
Qatar: $26.400B Iraq: $12.873B
KSA: $85.354B Lebanon: $2.236B
UAE: $24.700B Libya: $3.300B
Total: $153,964B Total: $41,134B
Five good reasons why Arab Defence Journal is the top defence magazine of the Middle East:
1. Launched in 1976, the most established and oldest Arabic defence magazine in the Middle East.
2. Distributed to subscribers in over 16 Arab countries and foreign capital cities.
3. Fully paid distribution to over 31,750 subscribers.
4. Reaching all Arab MOD’s and contract decision makers in the Middle East.
5. Regular articles by the Top Defence Writers in the world.
ARAB DEFENCE JOURNAL Media representatives:
DAR ASSAYAD INTERNATIONAL PUBLISHING
P.O Box 43432 – Abu Dhabi
Tel. : +971 2 443 7475
Cel : +971557775533
T : +44 0795 767 8395
France, Germany, Austria and Benelux
We Media Solutions
4 Villa Emile,
92110 Clichy France
T : +33 01 5521 6680